We are looking for a Intermediate Hydrogeologist or Geoscientist.
Intermediate Hydrogeologist or Geoscientist
Closing Date: Until Position filled
Ecoscape Environmental Consultants Ltd. is a small environmental consulting company located in Kelowna,
BC. We provide a broad range of environmental services for our clients, focusing primarily on biophysical
inventory and mapping, ecological landuse planning, groundwater assessments, contaminated sites
investigations, and fish and wildlife studies. Ecoscape offers exciting opportunities for individuals to work
on a wide variety of projects throughout BC. We are currently seeking applications for an Intermediate
Hydrogeologist or Geoscientist.
Job responsibilities are as follows:
- Coordinate, conduct and oversee field investigations, including drilling, test pitting, excavations,
groundwater monitoring and sampling, and hydraulic response tests (e.g., slug tests).
- Compile, review and analyze collected data, prepare technical reports, write proposals, and liaise with
various stakeholders including regulatory bodies, clients and associates.
- Manage and maintain schedules, budgets and tasks of small to mid-sized groundwater-related projects.
- Ensure compliance with applicable guidelines, regulations and standards.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications, skills, and experience:
- A minimum Bachelor’s degree in geosciences or engineering
- A minimum 3 years’ experience in the consulting industry or other relevant industry. Preference will be
given to individuals licensed with EGBC as a P.Geo or P.Eng.
- Experience with aquifer and groundwater resource assessment, including but not limited to well and
aquifer testing and analysis, groundwater license applications, and proof of water studies.
- Experience with wastewater and stormwater disposal to ground assessments, including BC Sewerage
System Regulation (SSR) and Municipal Wastewater Regulation (MWR) compliance studies, onsite
disposal feasibility assessments, rapid infiltration assessments and stormwater management and
- Experience with contaminated sites investigations would be an asset, including Phase I/II/III ESAs, Stage
1 and 2 PSIs, detailed site investigations (DSIs) and remediation.
- Demonstrated familiarity with provincial guidelines and regulations. An understanding of various BC
Interior municipal regulations and bylaw requirements would be a strong asset.
- Strong field-based experience with physical hydrogeology, groundwater supply and contaminated sites
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and excellent time management (examples may be
requested) combined with an aptitude for business development and project management.
Interested persons are encouraged to submit resumes electronically or in person with a cover letter
opportunity; however, only those short-listed will be contacted. Short-listed candidates can expect to
appear in person for an interview at our Kelowna office. We will consider reasonable travel expenses for
you to appear for an interview following a pre phone interview.