We are looking for an Junior Environmental Scientist or Technician.
JUNIOR ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENTIST OR TECHNICIAN
Closing Date: Until Position filled
Ecoscape Environmental Consultants Ltd. is a small environmental consulting company located in Kelowna, BC. We provide a broad range of environmental services for our clients, including contaminated sites investigations, particularly as they pertain to environmental due diligence and development permitting. Ecoscape offers exciting opportunities for individuals to work on a wide variety of projects throughout BC. We are currently seeking applications for the following opportunity:
Job responsibilities are as follows:
- Conduct Stage 1 and 2 PSIs, DSIs, and Remediation under the guidance of a project manager.
- Complete Environmental Impact Assessments, Environmental Management Plans and Riparian Areas Regulation Assessments under the guidance of a project manager.
- Coordinate and complete data collection, compilation, review and analysis.
- Prepare health and safety plans for field investigations.
- Coordinate, conduct and oversee field investigations, including drilling, test pitting, excavations, groundwater monitoring and sampling, soil vapour sampling, environmental monitoring, natural resources inventories for fish or wildlife, and assist with other field duties as needed.
- Ensure compliance with Standard Operating Procedures and applicable guidelines, regulations and standards.
- Manage and maintain schedules, budgets and tasks of small to mid-sized projects.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications, skills, and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or College Diploma in Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, Geoscience, Biology (with soils) or related field
- 1-3 years’ experience in the consulting industry or other relevant industry
- Experience with contaminated sites investigations;
- Experience with environmental permitting and associated environmental construction monitoring of small or large infrastructure projects;
- Ability to multitask and work well with a multidisciplinary team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and excellent time management (examples may be requested)
- Preference will be given to candidates with eligibility or who have attained an E.I.T or G.I.T designation