We are looking for an Senior or Intermediate Biologist.
SENIOR / INTERMEDIATE BIOLOGIST
Closing Date: Until Position filled
Ecoscape Environmental Consultants Ltd. is a small environmental consulting company located in Kelowna, BC. We provide a broad range of environmental services for our clients, focusing primarily on biophysical inventory and mapping, ecological landuse planning, and fish and wildlife studies. Ecoscape offers exciting opportunities for individuals to work on a wide variety of projects throughout BC. We are currently seeking applications for the following opportunity:
Senior / Intermediate Biologist
The ideal candidate will have the following skills:
• Proficiency with MS Office
• Minimum of 5 years consulting or similar experience
• Experience working with fish, wildlife and ecosystems of the southern interior of BC, with preference given to those with background in aquatic sciences
• Experience with environmental permitting and associated environmental construction monitoring of small or large infrastructure projects
• Knowledge of the Riparian Areas Regulation, local government processes and bylaws, and pertinent provincial and federal legislation to prepare environmental impact assessments
• Proven experience in Budget Development, Proposal writing, and Project Management for small to large projects
• Mentoring skills to assist junior staff in professional development
• Proven success with Business Development
• Excellent oral, written, and data presentation skills
• Ability to multitask and work well with a multidisciplinary team
• Knowledge or experience with engineering and construction practices
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and excellent time management (examples may be requested)
• Preference given to candidates certified in backpack electrofishing, Riparian Areas Regulation, Environmental Monitoring, Erosion and Sediment Control, Swift Water Rescue Technician, Small Vessel Operator Proficiency (SVOP) and/or Marine Emergency Duty (MEDA3).
• Strong preference will be given to candidates who have already attained Registered Professional Biologist (R.P.Bio) designation
• Preference will be given to candidates with analytical strengths, including use of R Statistical Software, modelling, and analytics, and data interpretation.